Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Replace Paint 3D with Paint Classic in the Windows 10 Creators update. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Replace Paint 3D with Paint Classic in the Windows 10 Creators update
One of the joys of being a Windows viewer is access to the new Windows software before everyone grabs it, but that is a double-edged sword. In a new version of Windows 10 for Insiders from Microsoft, the company has “replaced” Windows 10 Paint built in with the new 3D Paint application. While this app has many benefits that I will find up with at a time, it’s slower than the old Paint app and has a less simple, cumbersome user interface for keyboard and mouse users. Not all Insiders may be interested in giving Paint a try and you may want to use an old classic tool to just do things and move on.
Fortunately, Microsoft has left some loopholes in the operating system for users to be able to perform. The easiest way to convert an application to a classic Paint application is to easily delete the Paint 3D preview application. It turns out that the classic Paint application has not been removed from Windows, just hidden – with a shortcut that opens the Paint 3D application now. After the 3D Paint application has been removed and uninstalled, you can open the old classic Paint application as usual instead.
Restore an Old Application in Windows 10
Initially, I tried finding the classic Paint application using Find, Run command and even browsing on System 32 folder. All attempts to launch open the new Paint 3D application instead. With a little research, I discovered Microsoft chose to keep the old Paint application. In order to recover, you will need to change some registry keys so do not forget to back up your registry before walking through the steps below.
- Click Start, type: regedit, right-click and then click Run as Administrator.
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAppletsPaintEto. You can copy and paste the string into the new Registration address bar and then hit Enter, and it will take you there. Within Settings, right-click, select New> DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Click Disable Modern Bootstrap, right-click the DWORD value, then click Properties, change the value to 0 (if not already). Click OK
- If you do not find the registry key for Settings, you will need to create one, right-click Add> New> Button then enter the text text.
- Exit the registry, then launch Paint as usual, and it will be back in business with MS Paint Classic.
Guide about How to Replace Paint 3D with Paint Classic in the Windows 10 Creators update
In this guide, we told you about the How to Replace Paint 3D with Paint Classic in the Windows 10 Creators update; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Replace Paint 3D with Paint Classic in the Windows 10 Creators update in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Replace Paint 3D with Paint Classic in the Windows 10 Creators update, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Replace Paint 3D with Paint Classic in the Windows 10 Creators update. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.