Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to restore Missing OneDrive Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to restore Missing OneDrive Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10
OneDrive is a file hosting and synchronization service provided by Microsoft. It is an important tool in Windows, especially for those who want to synchronize files and folders. It also lets you move files to cloud storage. In Windows 10, OneDrive always appears on the right side of the screen. The icon is the gateway to OneDrive. Unfortunately, the OneDrive icon can sometimes be deleted from the workspace, causing users to have difficulty accessing OneDrive. Additionally, the OneDrive icon is also missing from the Explorer Manager.
Missing OneDrive Windows 10 is a serious problem indeed. So, this post will show you how to fix the problem Windows 10 OneDrive is missing from the desktop and file browser. The solutions will appear one by one.
How to Restore the missing OneDrive icon on the Workspace in Windows 10
Activate Icon in Tray Settings
- Right-click on the taskbar and select the “Task settings” option.
- In the taskbar window, scroll down to the “Notifications area.” Click the “select which icon will appear on taskbar”.
- Check out toggle rotation next to Microsoft OneDrive. If it is off, make sure it turns on.
Remove it completely and reinstall OneDrive
- Press Ctrl + R and type “regedit” into the box.
- Navigate to the following registry steps: ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE MicrosoftWindowsWindowsOneDrive Policies
- Here, right-click the registry entry “DisableFileSyncNGSC,” click Switch, then type “0” into the Value database.
- Click OK and leave the registry editor.
- Next, open Command Prompt as administrator and enter the following commands on separate lines:% SystemRoot% SysWOW64 OneDriveSetup.exe / uninstall% SystemRoot% SysWOW64 OneDriveSetup.exe / install
Remove the OneDrive icon
- The problem may be the OneDrive icon is always hidden. This is common in Windows 10, especially when multiple icons are on the taskbar. To check if this is the case with the OneDrive icon on your device, click on the icon icon hidden on the taskbar. This is the top arrow to the left of the company. Doing this reveals all the hidden symbols. If your OneDrive is hidden, it will appear in small pop-upup. In my case, as indicated in the image below, OneDrive is not hidden.
Also OneDrive to
- Press Win + R to open the Run window. Copy and paste the text below and click OK. % localappdata% Microsoft OneDrive onedrive.exe / tunto
- Wait for about two minutes to see if the OneDrive icon appears. If not, repeat the process using the method below this time. % localappdata% Microsoft OneDrive onedrive.exe
- Type gpedit.msc in your Run window.
- Navigate to “Computer Settings -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components.” Double-click on the OneDrive option on the right.
- Right-click “Prevent Using OneDrive for File Storage” and click Edit.
- Make sure “Configured” or “Safe” is selected for policy setting. Click Apply and OK.
- Restart your PC, and the issue should be resolved.
Guide about How to restore Missing OneDrive Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10
In this guide, we told you about the How to restore Missing OneDrive Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10; please read all steps above so that you understand How to restore Missing OneDrive Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to restore Missing OneDrive Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to restore Missing OneDrive Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.