Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to restore the Green Lock Icon on Firefox Browser. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to restore the Green Lock Icon on Firefox Browser
It is very important to make sure that the website you are visiting is secure. If you are doing online banking and using other online services, you must have checked the website security you are using using the HTTPS protocol or the green lock icon. These are visual indicators that indicate that the website you are accessing is safe for businesses. A green lock icon indicates that the connection between your browser and server is secure.
But the Mozilla Firefox web browser, which used to display the green lock icon for secure HTTPS websites, now introduces the gray lock icon instead. You will have noticed this change if you are using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox. This is ours guide which explains why the green padlock icon does not appear and how to get back.
Mark the Firefox green lock icon again
Firefox comes with built-in configuration options to restore the green padlock icon. Here is what you need to do:
- Load by: configuration in Firefox address bar.
- Make sure you are careful if a warning screen appears.
- Use the search above to find security.secure_connection_icon_color_gray.
- Change your favorite so that your value is ERO.
Restoring Extended Certificate Extension information in Firefox
Firefox users can enable the display of EV certificate information in the Firefox address bar as well; This can also be done using the method described above:
- Visit page about: config again.
- Find security.identityblock.show_extended_validation this time.
- Set preference to TRUE to enable the display of extended validation information in the browser address bar.
Display is not secure for sites that do not use HTTPS
Firefox displays the last lock symbol in the address bar by default when a site that does not use HTTPS (or used by mistake) is visited. You can add the word “unsafe” to the address bar to indicate the status of the further link.
- Find out about: Configuration in the Firefox address bar.
- Find security.insecure_connection_text.enabled.
- Set the default value to TRUE to enable “unsafe” or FALSE to play.
Guide about How to restore the Green Lock Icon on Firefox Browser
In this guide, we told you about the How to restore the Green Lock Icon on Firefox Browser; please read all steps above so that you understand How to restore the Green Lock Icon on Firefox Browser in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to restore the Green Lock Icon on Firefox Browser, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to restore the Green Lock Icon on Firefox Browser. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.