Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to set up Smart Lights using Google Home app. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to set up Smart Lights using Google Home app
Google Home is a smart speaker that can interact with the use of voice commands, and Google follows Home the app is like a remote control for the smart home devices. There are other smart lighting products, such as Kasa, LIFX, and GE. The process is generally the same with little variations for different manufacturers. The app not only lets you set up up, manage, and control Google Home and such devices, but also smart home products such as lights, cameras, and even its temperature. Here is what you need to know.
Set your lights on Google Home App
First, you will have to find your light bulbs in Google Home app and add them to the list of control devices. Here it is how to do you.
- Open your Google Home app.
- Click the included device icon, (+ icon) always in the left corner of the app.
- Select the configuration device then set up new devices in it home.
- You should see the lights included. Select the lights you want to connect with the app.
- The selected light bulbs should blink.
Arrange the lights through the rooms
Once you have added your lights to Google Home app, it’s time to group them through rooms for easy control. Here it is how to do you.
- Scroll down and click the ‘Add custom room’ section and name the room of lights. So, if you want lights in the kitchen, you can give them the name ‘Kitchen lights.’
- Next, you will be asked to create unique names for your bulbs. This will make it easier to manage individual lights in a room. So, if there are two bulbs in the big room, you can name one, ‘training lights’, and the other, ‘dining lights.’ (Avoid including room name for this section, as you have already specified the room in the previous step).
- Now, choose your bulbs for each room. They should all blink once selected.
- The program is now complete, click the Done icon.
Manage your lights with Google Home speaker
Luck! You have completed connecting your lights to Google Home. Now it’s time to make sure they all work. The best way to do this is by testing different rules and seeing if they all work. Remember, before dishing out any command; you need to start with ‘Ok Google’ or ‘Hey Google’ then the command. For example. “Ok Google, turn on the lights”.
Some of the most common commands you should try include:
- ‘Ok Google, Dim the search lights to 25%’ – To reduce lights.
- ‘Ok Google, light up to 75%’ – To increase brightness.
- ‘Ok Google, turn off all lights’ – To turn off lights.
- ‘Ok Google, set room lights to 50%’ – To adjust a room light.
You can also use Google Home to change light colors for your bulbs using the following commands:
- ‘Hey Google, set the lights to glossy white’ – To turn your Tunable white bulbs into vibrant colors’.
- ‘Hey Google, set the lights to candle’ – To change the white bulbs that can turn to sunlight.
- ‘Hey Google, change the lights to 2700 kelvin’ – To change the color temperature of the white light bulbs you can change.
What if Google Home did not find his bulb
This error occurs during the first step of connecting. If your Google Home not finding your bulb, here are a few things you can try:
- Try to close the bulb for about 10 seconds and then turn it on.
- If that doesn’t work, check if you have the latest version of Google Home app and update if you do not.
- If that doesn’t work either, force the application and restart the application.
Guide about How to set up Smart Lights using Google Home app
In this guide, we told you about the How to set up Smart Lights using Google Home app; please read all steps above so that you understand How to set up Smart Lights using Google Home app in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to set up Smart Lights using Google Home app, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to set up Smart Lights using Google Home app. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.