Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to share Apple Music library on Mac. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to share Apple Music library on Mac
Media sharing is one of the benefits of owning your own home network, and Apple makes it easy. Once you have shared your music and video content, you can access it from your Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV on the network. MacOS comes with everything you need to start sharing both audio and video media. In macOS Mojave and earlier, you only need to share your iTunes Media Library. Now, like MacOS Catalina, iTunes is officially retired.
Set up Home Distribution
Apple devices have a feature called Home Sharing is designed to let you share, stream, and import various media files from up to five devices – be it Mac, PC, iOS, or Apple TV devices – connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that any device you want to share with you is logged in using the same Apple ID and that you have been authorized to activate the items you purchased on that Apple ID.
- On your Mac, open System Preferences by clicking the Apple icon, then click System Preferences.
- Click Sharing, then click Media Sharing on the left-hand side.
- Tick the next box Home Distribution.
- Enter your Apple ID username and password.
- Click On Home Distribution. You will now see a dialog box that tells you Home The division worked.
Go Home Sharing on a Mac
- Now that Home The sharing has worked, you will want to start sharing your content in Apple Music.
- Make sure that any device you want to access or share in the Apple Music library is turned on, not on, and running Apple Music.
- Open the Music app and log in with your Apple ID (if not already).
- Click the down arrow next to the Library on the left-hand side.
- You will see a list of libraries that you have shared with you. Click the one you want to access and you will see it uploaded to Apple Music. Any playlists you have created in the shared library will also appear on the left-hand side.
Go Home Sharing on iOS
- Home Sharing can also be accessed from your iOS or iPadOS device. Here it is.
- Open the Settings application on iOS, then scroll down to Music and tap.
- At the bottom of the window below Home To share, tap Sign in if you are not already logged in with your Apple ID. When you log in, you will see your Apple ID email address displayed on your screen.
- Open the Music application, then click Library in the toolbar below, then Home Distribution.
- Select a library and wait for Music to download to your device. Once that is done, you can activate the shared content.
Share your media with visitors
What if you wanted to share your music library with someone with a different Apple ID? Fear not, as that is easy to do.
- Open Settings Favorites on your Mac, then click Sharing.
- Click Media Sharing in the left-hand sidebar.
- At the bottom of the window, tick the box next to Share Media with Visitors.
- Click Options on the right-hand side.
- To request a password when people try to access your media library, tick the box next to Request a Password, then enter the password in the box next to it.
- You can choose to share all your media items or only your selections. For the latter option, click Selected Playlists, then select exactly the type of media you want to share.
Use Family Sharing
- Home Sharing is a great way to sync all Apple devices in it home, but what about working with people in your life? That’s where the Family Division comes in.
- First, let’s differentiate speed. Home Sharing is about synchronizing media between devices, while Family Sharing is about sharing purchases between accounts. With Family Sharing, you can sync your purchases on the App Store, Apple TV, and even Apple Music with five other accounts – be it friends or family.
- To set up Family Sharing on Apple Music, you will have to switch to Family Plan. That’s $ 15 per month, up from $ 10 for each account. Everyone then gets their profile on Apple Music, where you can send playlists and songs and see what they are listening to.
Show friends what you are hearing
If you and your friends really like music and want to share what you hear all the time, Apple Music will let you do that. Users can go to your profile and see what you are hearing at that moment. They can also view any playlists you have made publicly. You can change this feature on macOS and iOS. To turn the feature Available on iOS:
- Open Apple Music and click the For You tab.
- Click the image icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Edit under your name and image.
- Scroll down and turn Listening On.
- To turn on macOS, open Apple Music and click the For You tab.
- Click the image icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Edit to the right of the screen.
- On the right, under Select Who Can Follow Your Service, select Additional Privacy Settings.
- Select Listen, which will display a blue check mark next to the application.
Share an Apple Music playlist
When you share your music through Apple Music, you do not have to worry about your family-friendly recordings being displayed. Instead, you can choose a playlist to share directly with someone instead of giving them access to your entire music library. Before sending your playlist, make sure the recipient can log in to their Apple Music account by subscribing to an active Apple Music subscription.
- With your iPadOS or iOS, find the playlist you want to share. There are three icons below the playlist title that will give you the option to Share when you click them. You will be able to send playlists in different ways, such as text messages, emails, via AirDrop, or even via Facebook.
- You will follow the same basic steps on your Mac – click the three icons below the playlist you are trying to share. After pressing that option, select Share Playlist.
Guide about How to share Apple Music library on Mac
In this guide, we told you about the How to share Apple Music library on Mac; please read all steps above so that you understand How to share Apple Music library on Mac in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to share Apple Music library on Mac, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to share Apple Music library on Mac. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.