Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Show Hidden Files and folders in Windows 10 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Show Hidden Files and folders in Windows 10 PC
Windows 10 has the option to detect hidden files and folders that you do not see by default. Once you enable this option, Explorer Manager will reveal all your hidden items. You can view hidden files and folders in both Explorer Manager and command line tools like PowerShell and Command Prompt. Microsoft Windows 10 stores certain files while browsing them on your hard drive. This will prevent important files from being deleted so as not to damage the system. If you are such a geeky, you want to be able to view all your files at all times. Follow these steps to uncover the hidden files.
From the Explorer Manager
- Select “Start” button, then select “File Explorer”.
- Make sure the menu bar is expanded. You can change the menu bar by selecting ^ at the top right of the window.
- Select the “View” tab.
- Check the “Hidden Objects” checkbox to view hidden items.
- If you need more file viewing options, select “Options”> “View”.
From Control Panel
- Right-click on “Start” button, then select “Control Panel”.
- Go to “Appearance and Personal”, then select “File Explorer Options”.
- Click on the “View” tab.
- Scroll down a bit and change the settings “Hidden files and folders” to “Show hidden files, folders, and drivers”. Alternatively, you may want to open the “Hide secure device files” box properly.
- Hold down the Windows Key and press “R” to activate up Making dialog box.
- Click “regedit”, then click “Enter”.
- Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced
- Set the value for “Save” to “1” to view hidden files, folders, and drivers. Set the value to “2” to not show hidden files, folders, and drivers.
- Set the value for “ShowSuperHidden” to “1” to display secure device files. Set the value to “2” to not show secure device files.
Guide about How to Show Hidden Files and folders in Windows 10 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Show Hidden Files and folders in Windows 10 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Show Hidden Files and folders in Windows 10 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Show Hidden Files and folders in Windows 10 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Show Hidden Files and folders in Windows 10 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.