Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Transfer Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac Automatically. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Transfer Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac Automatically
If you want to know how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC or Mac, you have many options. There are more ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac simply because they are Apple devices, but transferring iPhone photos to PC is not as complex as you might think. The classic way to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac is to use photos transfer feature is the Photos app which offers for both Mac and PC.
It is important to note that importing photos from iPhone to Mac has changed a bit from macOS Catalina, Big Sur, and lately macOS Monterey. So if you are using a new operating system, think about using the method shown below.
The secret to production on Apple devices is a hard connection between an iPhone (or iPad) and a Mac. AirDrop is Apple’s proprietary technology to transfer files quickly between Apple devices when both are within range (approximately 30 feet). Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both iPhone and Mac before following the steps below.
- Open the Photos application on your iPhone.
- Select the photos you want to transfer to the computer. Tap the Pin icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select AirDrop which is the main icon on the Share menu.
- Choose your computer name.
- The iPhone confirms a successful transfer by sending a message below your computer’s name.
The Photos app on both your iPhone and Mac is the centerpiece for all photos and videos. That is why the app is the most organized way to transfer photos from your iPhone to your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable and open the Photos application.
- The Photos app on Mac displays the login screen with all the photos and videos available on your iPhone Photos app. Select the iPhone name in the photos sidebar if the Import screen does not appear.
- Unlock your iPhone. The iPhone may display a Trust This Computer notification. Click Trust to continue.
- Click Select Import to upload specific photos or click Import All New Photos to transfer all Camera Roll.
Use Application Files
Think of the Files application as a file manager on it phone. You can connect to cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive and use them to transfer files between devices. This utility allows you to schedule your photo transfers, replace them if needed, and send them to your Mac using any cloud service such as a bridge. You must connect and activate them first.
- Open the Files application on your iPhone.
- Click on the Browse tab if you are on another screen.
- Tap the ellipsis icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap Edit.
- Under Settings, switch and activate a third-party service or app from the list.
- Click Done.
Send Photos via Application Files
- Select the photo or photos you want to transfer from your iPhone.
- Click the Share icon to display the partition.
- Select Save to Files.
- Select the cloud service and the folder in it to save the photos. Create a new folder if desired. You can rename a photo before exporting.
- Tap Save.
- Go to your Mac and view your photo or video in iCloud Drive.
Use iCloud photos
With iCloud Photos, you can sync and view all your photos across every Apple device you have. The only problem is the free but limited 5 GB storage which is shared by all the files on iCloud. As iCloud is a backup and synchronization service, it is easy to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. Before you do that, check that all your devices have iCloud Photos enabled.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Photos.
- Switch for iCloud photos to green if disabled.
- Launch the Photos app on your Mac.
- Open Photos on your Mac.
- Go to Photos> Favorites from the menu.
- Click on iCloud
- Select the box on iCloud Photos to play.
Use iCloud Photo San
Confused between iCloud Photos and iCloud Photo Streaming? You are not alone. ICloud Photos allows you to store all photos and videos on the cloud. The iCloud Photo Stream recorder only releases new photos (not videos and Live Photos) on devices where iCloud Photo Stream is turned on. It only stores the recent 30 days’ worth of photos and up up to 1000 photos. This does not count towards your iCloud storage limits.
If you only want to view your recent photos and transfer them to Mac, use iCloud Photo Stream and turn it on. Otherwise, use iCloud Photos to back up up all your photos and videos as explained in the previous section.
- Open the Settings application on the iPhone and type our name at the top.
- Go to iCloud> Photos.
- Activate My Photo Stream with rotation.
- Go to your Mac and open Photos
- Select Photos> Favorites> iCloud
- Select the box for My Photo Stream to activate.
Use Photo Capture on your Mac
The Capture Image application on macOS is intended for importing images from digital cameras and reviewers. But it can also be used to upload photos and videos from any other device like iPhone connected to Mac.
- Connect the iPhone to the Mac with the cable and unlock the iPhone when ready.
- In the Photo Capture application on your Mac, select the device in the Devices or Sharing menu.
- Select the pictures you want to transfer to Mac.
- Open Import From Pop-upup menu at the bottom of the window, then select where to save the pictures. You can also create a PDF or webpage with these images.
- To move photos to Photos, select Other, then Photos.
Guide about How to Transfer Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac Automatically
In this guide, we told you about the How to Transfer Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac Automatically; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Transfer Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac Automatically in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Transfer Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac Automatically, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Transfer Backup Photos from iPhone to Mac Automatically. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.