Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Turn-Off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Turn-Off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10
AutoPlay is useful feature in Windows 11, but unfortunately there are times where it is best off. With these simple steps, you can activate Autoplay in Windows 11, either for delay or annoying reasons. AutoPlay, which has been redesigned in Windows 98, is one of the most well-known features of Windows operating system. By default, Windows 11 runs AutoPlay every time you plug in an external device, such as CDs, DVDs, or memory cards.
In the settings, you can specify what action Windows 11 should take for each platform. These options include “Edit storage settings,” “Do not perform any actions,” “Open folders to view files,” and “Request all the time.” Unfortunately, Autoplay has become annoying at best and risky at worst for some users. There are also cases where it can cause security problems, such as when the system automatically opens infected machines. Well, you can remove this for no reason feature.
Turn off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10
- Open the Control Panel All Items Control Panel and set options according to your preferences.
- Open Windows 11 programs
- Open Bluetooth and device settings
- On the right, click on AutoPlay
- Switch AutoPlay removal to Off mode.
- You can also change other related AutoPlay settings.
- Open Settings> Devices> Automatic operation.
- Here you can change the AutoPlay slider to Off mode.
Using the Policy Group
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run box, then press ENTER to open the Group Policy Editor. Under Computer Settings> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Click Auto Policies.
- In the RHS Details pane, double-click Autoplay to open the Properties box.
- Click Play, then select All drivers in Delete Player on the box to activate Autorun on all drivers.
- Restart your computer.
- The same can be achieved by adjusting the registry. Run regedit and browse to
- On the right, you will see the text NoDriveTypeAutoRun. You will see a default value of 60 or 3C. Right-click on it and give it a decimal value of 255 (or Hexadecimal value 000000FF). Jade regedit.
- Reboot. This will remove AutoRun on all drivers.
Guide about How to Turn-Off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10
In this guide, we told you about the How to Turn-Off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Turn-Off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Turn-Off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Turn-Off AutoPlay in Windows 11/10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.