Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to turn off telemetry on Windows 11 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to turn off telemetry on Windows 11 PC
With information leaks and malware scams on top, viewing your information security in a significant way is more current than ever. Without enough security set up, sells your personal information to each site you visit and to each application you submit — especially to Microsoft itself, because of the Windows 11 telemetry system.
As part of its efforts to help troubleshoot the Windows 11 user experience, Microsoft records information about applications and features you use, your system data, your system settings, and that’s just the beginning. If you think you have trouble with shared information, you can enable Windows 11 telemetry by following these steps.
Ways to Delete Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows PC
Set Sickness and Data Transfer to Basic:
- Using this option, you can limit User Data Collection in Windows 11; does not handle Telemetry and Data Collection.
- Click on Start button and then click the Settings icon. From the Settings window, click on Privacy.
- In the next window, click on the Diagnostic & Results tab from the left and then set Diagnostic and data usage to Basic.
- Doing this will limit the data sent to Windows and therefore reduce user data being hacked.
- In the same Privacy tab, you will find more options to disable telemetry from Windows 11 to stop data collection.
- Now, go to Task History and close the options that appear here. Uncheck boxes – Store my work history on this site and send my work history to Microsoft.
- Now go to Inking & Personal Printing, here off we switch rotation for typing suggestions.
- Alternatively, go to Talk and keep this switch for not giving any sound check to Microsoft from time to time.
- Now under the General tab, delete all options that collect user data and send it to Microsoft.
Turn off Telemetry and Data Recovery in Windows 11 Using the Registry Editor:
- If you do not want to provide any information to Microsoft, you can use the steps below to Delete Telemetry and Data Collection.
- Type Regedit into the Windows 11 search box and press enter. Alternatively, press Windows Key + R to execute command and type regedit and click OK.
- Navigate to the Monitor bar from the sidebar,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE Microsoft Windows DataCollection Instructions.
- On the right side, right-click in the field, then go to New, select the DWORD value (32-bit). Name your AllowTelemetry.
- Double-click on AllowTelemetry and set the value to 0 and click OK.
Disable User Experience of Connectivity and Telemetry Services:
- Once you have Telemetry Security and data collection using the Registry Editor, you need to turn off the “User Experience of Connectivity” and “dmwappushsvc” services.
- This is essential for Telemetry to be fully functional on your Windows 11 computer. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command window. On the Run command window, type services.msc and click OK button.
- In the Services window, scroll down and double click on User Experiences of Connection and Telemetry.
- On the next screen, activate User Experience of Connectivity and Telemetry by setting the Start Type to Security. Now click Apply to make changes.
- Now find another service called dmwappushsvc service in the Services window and double click on it. Here, activate the dmwappushsvc function by setting the Start Type to Activate and click Apply.
Using the Policy Group
- Open the Team Process with the command prompt. Press Windows Key + R to open Run Command and type gpedit.msc. Click OK or press Enter.
- This opens a new window called the Local Group Editor. Here you may need to find –
- Computer Configuration> Admin Templates> Windows Components> Data Collection and Preview.
- Double-click on Data Collection and Preview Build, you will see the options on the right. Now double click on Allow Telemetry.
- Under the Allow Telemetry section, click the Security option. To apply the changes used, click Apply.
Using the Task Schedule
- Open the Start Menu and click Task Schedule on the search bar. Click on the option to appear on the Menu.
- In this Tab, Go to
- Workflow Library> Microsoft> Windows> Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Right-click on a task called Consolidator and Activate. Repeat the process with all the other tasks mentioned in this section.
Guide about How to turn off telemetry on Windows 11 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to turn off telemetry on Windows 11 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to turn off telemetry on Windows 11 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to turn off telemetry on Windows 11 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to turn off telemetry on Windows 11 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.