Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Turn-Off Your PC using Google Assistant. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Turn-Off Your PC using Google Assistant
In this article, we will teach you how to turn on or off your PC using Google Assistant which can be found in every smartphone. Whether your PC is in inaccessible mode or your PC is taking a long time to boot, you can turn on your PC properly in advance of using it and turn it off even if you are not in front of your PC.
Manage your PC with Google Assistant
Before we begin, let me explain the basic premise of this tutorial. An Android smartphone is used to run a Windows 10 PC. And for that, we use Pushbullet and IFTTT tools on mobile device and Push2Run application on the computer. Push2Run was developed by Rob Latour and is completely free to use. The application is ideal for automating tasks using voice commands and is very good at that. So this is the reduction of our workflow: voice command by Google Assistant -> IFTTT -> Pushbullet -> Push2Run on PC -> Final execution function on PC. Now that you have the basic idea, let’s get started.
- First and foremost, install both Push bullet (Free) and IFTTT (Free) applications on your Android device. After that, log in with your Google account on both applications and get the necessary permissions. Make sure you are using the same Google account in all applications and platforms.
- Next, open the Bullet Push and IFTTT website on your PC and log in with the same Google account.
- After that, download and install the Push2Run (Free) application on your computer. It is almost set up basic, now we will move on to the important steps.
- Click this link to open your Push bullet account page. Now, scroll down and search for “Access Signs”. After that, click “Create Login Token” button and will give you a string of key values. Copy that label and make sure you don’t share it with anyone.
- Now open the Push2Run application on your PC and go through the main setup. On the first dialog, select “Pushbullet” in the left menu and check the box for “Enable Bullet Push”. After that, paste the copied icon (from step # 4) in the Push Bullet API box. Next, copy anything in the Filter Title box and click “OK” button.
- Now, click this link to create an IFTTT task. After that, press “+” button and then search for “Google Assistant”. Click on it then select “Say a sentence with a word element”.
- On the next page, enter the voice commands that you will use to connect with your PC. I have chosen the following rules to call on my PC, but you can choose your own program. However, for now, I would advise you to follow my voice commands only so that everything works without any issue. Remember, the “$” sign is a function that you will require your computer to run. Finally, click on “Create Cause” button.
- Now onto the next page, type “then that” part of the sentence. Here, search for “Pushbullet” and open it. After that, click “Push a Note”.
- It is almost done. You can try by saying “OK Google told my computer to open the calculator”. The calculator should open up on your PC without any problem. Even, if everything is set up Normally, you should see “Pushbullet Connection” in the bottom bar of the Push2Run application.
Create Push2Run Tasks
Now that you have successfully connected Google Assistant with your PC, you can create the tasks that you would like to perform with an item command.
- Open the Push2Run application and click “Actions” from the menu. Here, click on “Add”.
- Now, turn on the toggle in the main window and call Google Assistant. Just say “tell my computer to open and your PC will open web browser instantly in default browser.
- If you want to find anything and not a specific website then you can create another task. Keep the description of how you want to change the command “listen” to something like this: find $, find $ where $ is the query you are looking for.
- Also, this is another example of asking Help to play music on your PC via YouTube. DuckDuckGo speed URL has been used feature. Here is the “Open” site for you to copy: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=!ducky+$+site%3Ayoutube.com
- This is the last example of this. Say, you want to shut down your computer with Google Assistant. It’s even easier. Keep field unlocked as shutdown.exe and parameters like / s / t 10 / c “requested by Google Assistant”. Here, we use the native shutdown.exe program to shut down the computer and provide many places to show a message./s means shutdown.
/ t 10 means shutdown after a period past 10 minutes
/ c is a syntax for definitions that appear before the die
Guide about How to Turn-Off Your PC using Google Assistant
In this guide, we told you about the How to Turn-Off Your PC using Google Assistant; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Turn-Off Your PC using Google Assistant in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Turn-Off Your PC using Google Assistant, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Turn-Off Your PC using Google Assistant. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.