Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to turn on/off Cortana in Windows 11 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to turn on/off Cortana in Windows 11 PC
With Windows 11, Microsoft made Cortana less targeted than ever. As the company explains in its list of features off Windows 11, Cortana is no longer part of the original boot experience. This will prevent you from getting a Cortana sound license the first time you set it up up new Windows 11 PC. However, Cortana is still available in Windows 11. Cortana is a Microsoft cloud-based digital helper that helps users with their voice commands. It has been an integral part of the Windows operating system since Windows 8.1. You can use Cortana to find files, folders, and applications on your PC, store calendars, set reminders, browse the web, configure computer programs, and more.
Most people are not big fans of Cortana and find it annoying more than helpful. Although Cortana is personal feature, most of the time you will not find useful results for what users are looking for. It also collects information about your moods, location, calendar entries, search history, emails and more and stores it on a cloud server. In addition, it sucks up system sources and may slow down your system. Therefore, Microsoft decided to remove Cortana from the boot and work experience in Windows 11. Cortana, the official digital assistant for Windows computers, was first introduced with Windows 10 in response to Apple’s Siri and Google Now. But as important as the application is, the problems it creates for user privacy cannot be forgotten.
How to Activate Cortana in Windows 11
If you are comfortable with the secrets of voice assistants – and believe us, there are many – then follow the steps below to turn Cortana on your Windows 11. Also, note that our Cortana is installed by default, so all ” I will have to do is activate.
How to Play Cortana through our Menu Bar
You can quickly get started with Cortana on Windows 11 using the start menu search tool. Here is how:
- Go to the Start menu search tool, type in ‘cortana’, and select Best Match.
- When the Cortana application opens, click on Login, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Finally, click on Accept and Continue.
How to Activate Cortana through Task Manager
If for some reason or another the above method fails to start up the app, then you can use Task Manager to achieve a similar result. Designed to monitor processes and applications running on your Windows, Task Manager can also be used to complete or manage applications. Therefore, it will come in handy to activate Cortana in your Windows 11. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can press CTRL + Shift + ESC.
- From there, click on the Start tab.
- Now right-click on Cortana to see a list of options.
- From this menu, select Activate.
How to Turn off Cortana from Windows 11
However, if you already have enough Cortana, you can easily activate it by following the same steps above to activate it, apart from using the other useful methods that we will list here. Let’s go over them one by one.
How to Activate Cortana Via Windows Registry
The Windows registry is a hierarchical database that stores important files of the system which is always referenced by the operating system. Whether kernel, user interface, or even drivers – they will all need to access the Registry at some point. So if you want to get rid of Cortana completely, Windows Registry is your best bet. Now before you jump first into editing the registry, we think you already have support up all your Windows files. Make no mistake; dabbling with registry changes does not come without its risks. After backing up your computer, here’s how to get started:
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
- There, type ‘regedit’ and press Enter.
- When the Windows Registry starts, type the following into the address bar:
- Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Instructions
- Right-click on the Windows folder and select the New> Options button.
- Name the newly created ‘Windows Search’ button.
- Right-click on Windows Search and select New> DWORD (32-bit).
When done, rename the newly created file to Allow Cortana. Now launch Allow Cortana file and set Value data to 0. Click OK. When done, restart your PC to confirm the changes. Do this and Cortana will be completely disabled on your PC.
How to Play Cortana With Team Policy Editor
Group Policy Editor is a Windows management tool that lets you configure important Windows programs, known as Group Policy Settings. The Policy Group is a feature of Windows that lets you control the operating system of Windows, by letting it tinker with user and computer accounts. You can turn off the Cortana application with the help of Process Editor. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type in ‘gpedit.msc,’ and press Enter.
When the Group Policy Editor opens, select Computer Settings> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Find. From the search folder on the right side of the dialog box, follow the steps below:
- Find the “Allow Cortana” policy file and right-click on it.
- From here, select the Safe radio box and click Apply.
How to Turn off Cortana through Windows Settings
Another way to go around killing Cortana on your Windows 11 is through the Settings menu. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start menu search tool, type in ‘settings,’ and select Best Companion. Alternatively, press the Windows + I key together and the Settings menu will open.
- Click Applications> Applications & features.
- Navigate to the app search list bar, type in ‘cortana,’ and the Cortana app will display up. Right-click on the Cortana options (three compatible icons) and select Advanced options.
- Find Tasks in the access option and turn off the browser button under it.
Guide about How to turn on/off Cortana in Windows 11 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to turn on/off Cortana in Windows 11 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to turn on/off Cortana in Windows 11 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to turn on/off Cortana in Windows 11 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to turn on/off Cortana in Windows 11 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.