Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Use Microsoft Defender for Windows 11/10. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Use Microsoft Defender for Windows 11/10
Microsoft Defender Antivirus is a malware scanner built in for Microsoft Windows 10. As part of the Windows security suite, it will detect any files or programs on your computer that could be compromised. Protector seeks out software threats such as viruses and other malware across email, applications, the cloud, and the web.
Scanning malware is only as effective as the last definition update, which means you may be weak and unaware of new ways of malware to detect if it is not constantly updated. Microsoft Defender Antivirus is updated when the update comes to Microsoft Windows 10, which is why automation updates must be turned on.
How to Use Microsoft Defender Offline Checking for Windows 10
You can start the offline scan on Windows 10 in a few clicks, but the whole scan takes about 15 minutes to complete. Make sure that you save all unsaved work and important files before starting the offline scan.
Start Checking Microsoft Defender Offline Using Windows Security
The first way to run Microsoft Offline Defender scan is directly:
- Search for Windows Security in the Start menu and select Best Companion.
- Navigate to Virus & Threat Protection> Scan Options.
- Select the Microsoft Defender Offline scan and click Check now.
- In the dialog box that pops up on Check.
Windows 10 will reboot, and the offline malware scan will start during the download process. The Windows Protector Antivirus screen and a Command Prompt window will show the progress of the offline scan.
Start Checking Offline Defender Microsoft Using PowerShell
PowerShell is a cross-platform management system built into the Windows operating system. You can easily manage Microsoft Defender with PowerShell and even scan offline with a command. Here it is how to use PowerShell to perform a Microsoft Defender Offline Check:
- Log in to windows powershell in the Start menu search tool.
- Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
- Type the following command into the PowerShell console and press Enter:
Your computer will restart, and the offline scan will occur.
Once Microsoft Defender has completed the offline scan, you can view the scan results by navigating to Windows Security> Virus & String Protection> History History.
How to Use Offline Malware Scanning on Windows 7 / 8.1
On Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, the offline scanning process is very different. You first need to download the Windows Defender offline, create a bootable USB or CD / DVD and then boot the Windows Defender tool onto your PC. Offline Windows Defender then scans the PC for malware in the clean area. Run an offline malware scan on Windows 7 / 8.1 as follows:
- Download the 32-bit or 64-bit Windows Defender Offline application depending on your system.
- Perform the setup and create the installation media on USB / CD / DVD.
- Restart your computer and boot from the selected media. Windows Defender will scan and remove malware from your PC.
Remove Malware with Microsoft Offline Defender
- Microsoft Offline Defender is a handy tool that removes malware that continues from your PC. It operates in a secure environment where malware cannot hide behind background processes or other programs.
- Use Microsoft Offline Protector to protect your PC from malicious malware that can corrupt your data and affect your PC running smoothly.
Guide about How to Use Microsoft Defender for Windows 11/10
In this guide, we told you about the How to Use Microsoft Defender for Windows 11/10; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Use Microsoft Defender for Windows 11/10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Use Microsoft Defender for Windows 11/10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Use Microsoft Defender for Windows 11/10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.