Optimise Website for Google News – The ultimate goal of any internet marketing service company is to help its customers rank high on the front page of Google for all their important search terms. Anyone who has spent a lot of time in the search space will, however, tell you that ranking above Google’s level for all your search terms is often an unrealistic pursuit, especially when searching for highly competitive keywords. Trying to optimize articles for Google News is similar to optimizing content for Google search. Also Read: How to get your website on Google first page?
Sometimes: Bloggers can take advantage of Google News to obtain Page 1 traffic by optimizing their articles’ headlines
That’s why it’s so important to find other ways to create temporary space on the Google ranking, and one of the best ways to do that is to rank your articles in Google News. If your posts appear often enough for the keywords you are trying to win, you can generate significant traffic on competing keywords, even if you are far from the first page. Many websites routinely create fantastic news content, but the audience they serve is limited because they are not part of the Google News search. Also Read: 6 Best WordPress SEO Plugins and Tools to Boost Your Rankings in SERPs
In this article, we explore common pitfalls that prevent businesses from appearing in Google News and discuss practical tips and tips for integrating your content in the future.
What is the value of Google News participation?
I helped several websites get ready and accepted in Google News. After accepting a site, I noticed that Google’s monthly clickthrough rate was improved by up to 35% of all attributable clicks from Google News. – and it only lasted a few months. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Here’s how to optimise for Google News.
If you want to know how to integrate the content of your news website into Google News, this article is for you! To be ranked on Google News, you need to pay attention to the subtle differences in SEO for news articles.
In this article we’ll explore what prevents businesses from appearing in Google News; discuss practical tips to get your content included in the future. If you’re publishing timely content, you’re missing out if you’re not working to appear in Google News. Check out this comprehensive guide to learn how.
What is Google News?
Google describes their vertical search “Google News” as follows:
Google News is a computer-generated news service that gathers the titles of more than 50,000 news sources around the world, aggregates similar articles and displays them according to the interests of each reader. […] Our articles and multimedia content are selected and classified by computers that evaluate, among other factors, how often and on which sites a story appears online. We also rely on certain characteristics of information content such as freshness, location, relevance, and diversity. – Google News Publisher Help Center
Are Google News articles displayed in regular web search?
Yes. Most of the time, the organic search results page contains three additional results. In addition, you can access the “News” vertical search by clicking the “News” tab or opening the news.google.com page.
- What is SEM? | Beginners Guide for Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Learn these top 10 basic SEO tips to get higher / improve your search ranking
The results of vertical news in organic search are automatically calculated by Google via their usual Google ranking algorithm. Only on the vertical news.google.com search will Google use a special Google News algorithm for rankings.
When will my website be included as a Google News source?
Before your website can be successfully integrated into Google News, it must go through a manual review by a Google employee. They will carefully review the website for general, technological and content-based guidelines.
The technology and content requirements that a website must meet to be included as a Google News source are as follows. We will explain their optimization in more detail further down the page. Also, read: How to Make Money With Blog in 2019
How does Google News differ from regular GOOGLE search?
The biggest difference between these two Google search engines is related to the type of content indexed and displayed on each. “Regular” Google search indexes include the results of blog posts, web pages, landing pages, and more. With the proper technique, the type of content you want to rank does not matter as long as it follows the best SEO practices.
However, if you want to rank on Google News, you must submit news articles in a timely manner. The open sales content, press releases, and pages of your company’s website simply do not fit the bill. With regard to Google News, news articles published in top-level publications (ie CNN, NPR, The Washington Post, etc.) are generally, but this does not mean that children have no luck. Also Read: How to Submit Website or Blog To Google Search Console
BENEFITS OF SHOWING ON Google NEWS
Before you decide to engage in a Google News SEO strategy, you may want to understand what’s on offer first. Here are some of the major benefits of Google News ranking:
- 60% of respondents trust the Google News section on the indexed news as part of regular searches.
- Google News is dedicated to news-specific articles, not just general search results.
- The Google News ranking in your industry can help you establish authority as a newsmaker to stay up-to-date on trends.
HOW TO APPEAR ON THE RESULTS OF GOOGLE NEWS RELEVANT
The Google News presentation is the result of a combination of site technical specifications and specific content standards.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE SITE
Many of the technical considerations for the Google News ranking are parallel to the rankings in Google searches. This includes things like:
- Mobile responsiveness: the most recent goal of Google is the mobile search ranking. If your website is not mobile, you risk being penalized, which will affect your ranking at all levels. To determine if your website is considered compatible with mobile devices by Google, run your website through your mobile-enabled test.
- Use of Google AMP: “AMP” means “accelerated mobile pages” and is Google’s focus on an outstanding mobile experience for users. Google AMP is quite easy to install as a WordPress add-on and basically eliminates everything except the content of your pages to load the pages faster.
- Fast page loading: Google provides search results that put the user first. As part of the user experience, your content should be uploaded quickly. Use the Google PageSpeed Insights tool to identify slow loading pages and optimise them accordingly.
- The website must be search-engine friendly and have accessibility barriers, which means that the site must be accessible to both Google-Bot and users.
- News Sitemap must be available and must be updated automatically.
- The European date format should be used.
- The URL of each article must include a continuous identifier of at least three digits. This is not absolutely necessary, but it will not hurt you either.
- No 301 redirect is used.
- If possible, you should use a special magazine or news theme for your CMS (WordPress for example). Most of the time, this type of model is already optimized in terms of technological needs.
- Please pay attention to the language in which you submit your registration to Google News and, if necessary, translate the theme you use accordingly. Google offers 70 different regional versions of Google News, in many different languages.
- The HTML source code of a news article should ideally be uninterrupted and in the following order: title> image> date> body of text. For example, a big announcement between the title and the news body can disrupt the Google-Bot. Too many social media plug-ins are also known to make it worse rather than better.
- Pay attention to a fast loading speed for unique pages / URLs. If possible, stay below 200 ms per URL / page.
It is also useful if the size of your document is less than 10 KB.
Content-based requirements for being incorporated into Google News
- You need a legal notice (imprint) with all possible contact information.
- All authors/editors need to be mentioned on either an editorial page or the imprint.
- The entire website has to be written and maintained by an organization with multiple authors and editors.
- It has to be clearly evident that the content of the news-article has gone through editorial supervision. Forums, individual blog entries, and other such sources are not included in Google News. The press character of the content-piece needs to be evident.
- Do not overburden the website and the news-article with advertisements.
- Regularly create (new and current) articles.
- The content has to have been written for your own website, ideally with editorial oversight.
- You need to create articles and other pieces of content with a high degree of freshness on a specific subject.
- Try not to publish content that has nothing to do with your usual subject-matter.
- You may not only have promotional pieces on your own activities as news-articles.
- There should already be as large a backlog of articles available as possible before you sign up for Google News.
As part of the admission of a website as a Google News source, a Google employee will look closely at your website by focusing on the above factors.
Google help pages for publishers and web publishers:
How you further optimise your website for Google News for your articles/contents/News?
Assuming that the above technology and content requirements have been met and that the optimized website has already been accepted as a source for Google News, there are a number of additional options to optimise your content and content. site.
Content-based optimization, freshness, and speed of publication
Regarding the ranking of news articles, the level of freshness is crucial. If you first publish a news article before your competitors, this article will have an advantage in the ranking of news. Keeping a steady stream of news can also be an asset. It is likely that algorithms such as Quality Deserves Freshness (QDF), which is part of Google’s cool updates, are the cause.
A specific news item should always be published or part of a discussion on several news websites in order to be displayed as a Universal-Search integration in organic search results. If a topic or topic is only published as an article on a website, this topic may not be important enough to make the website one of three highlighted results (see the screenshot below). above). organic search results. Also Read: Improve SEO Content Strategy : Step by Step Guide
The simple creation of a regular XML sitemap does not allow you to go very far on Google News. You will need a special information plan, based on the XML protocol and supplemented by the date of publication of each article. This Google News XML Site Map should automatically update immediately after a new news URL is published. Another thing to keep in mind is that only URLs for news articles published in the previous 48 hours should be part of this site plan because Google only accepts the previous two days for the news release cycle.
For example, you can use the paid XML-Sitemaps Unlimited Sitemap Generator to automatically create your Google XML News sitemap. This sitemap generator can be integrated with almost any system, and next to a news XML sitemap, you can also generate XML and video sitemaps.
The image of the news article, which is part of the title> image> date> text order, is measurably responsible for the clickthrough rate, also known as the clickthrough rate (CTR), of the search result. It will also be a snapshot of news content in organic search results, as well as news.google.com.
For the image to appear as a preview image on Google News, you must host the image on the same web host as all other files in your domain. A caption under the image is also very important for the news article. Make sure to use an ALT attribute that matches the image itself and provide it as a JPG file – with a reduced file size, of course. The image itself should not be part of a link, however. Also Read: 5 Best Free Image Optimization Tools for Image Compression
The freshness, timeliness, report, and speed of reporting on a specific topic or topic are all ranking factors on Google News.
Technically, an article should only have 80 words for a news article. However, we recommend using a minimum of 125 words for news, as well as a minimum of 250 words for any other type of information.
With this recommendation of at least 125 and 250 words, it is important that none of these words be linked internally or externally. In addition, you must write the 250 words for news articles in one piece, without separating a social media plug-in or ad block between the text.
Decrease the loading time of news articles / optimise PageSpeed
Besides the high level of freshness and timeliness of your news articles (be the first!), The loading speed of a URL is another ranking factor. The optimal result would be that the news article can be loaded and rendered in the player’s web browser within a maximum of 200 milliseconds. You should, therefore, check and optimise your news site, or rather each individual URL, regarding their PageSpeed. So that you Optimise Website for Google News in 2019.
Optimization of title and title H1 help to Optimise Website for Google News
Be brief and precise. Use concise titles and titles that encourage you to click/learn more. If possible, you should have the keyword focus at the very beginning. Also keep in mind that the clickthrough rate, also known as clickthrough rate, is a ranking factor that affects the display frequency of the results of a specific news source in a Universal-Search integration.
A layout of the site help to Optimise Website for Google News
The layout of your entire website as well as each individual article is important. The least elements next to and between the content of the news is the best. The HTML source code of a new one should ideally be in this order and without interruption: title> image> date> body of the text.
Use structured data with schema.org markup help to Optimise Website for Google News
At present, it is questionable whether structured data is (currently) a ranking factor or not. However, there is no harm in using a structured date according to schema.org. Search engines benefit anyway. That’s why you need to make sure that you use the correct schema.org syntax for your Google News articles.
- when you describe the documents/articles: schema.org News-Article
- to mark the author: schema.org Author
- add the date of publication of the news article: schema.org Date-Published
The 5 Best Tips for Success in Google News
Here are some tips I learned while using Google News that can help your site be accepted into Google News and succeed with the effort. They are the best tips for Optimise Website for Google News
- Review the news guidelines and make sure your site is compliant
The Google News general, technical and quality guidelines detail what they want and expect from a candidate site. Read it carefully and make sure your site is fully compliant.
- Create a contact page with the actual contact information
For reasons of liability, Google News requires that you provide the URL of a Contact Us page on your site with the names of authors and publishers, a physical address, and phone numbers and/or email addresses. contact for the team. Web contact forms are not enough to replace these requirements.
- Create a News Sitemap
– One of the technical requirements of Google News is that your page URLs end in a numeric suffix greater than or equal to Such a URL change can be an expensive CMS change request for many sites.
– What Google does not make very clear is that you can really get around this requirement by creating an XML-based Google News sitemap.
– I like this option in any case because the Google News Sitemap acts as an authoritative Google News site feed, offsetting their need for crawling to find the content of your news. To make sure you get all the benefits of the Google News sitemap, follow these tips for success:
– Follow exactly the protocol of the Google News site. The Google News Sitemap XML Protocol is set on the Create News Sitemap page. This page indicates which tags are required and which are optional. Google recognizes that its own Sitemap Generator tool will not create a news sitemap. Therefore, it lists a third-party generator tool to help you with this task.
– Include only the URLs of your original site content in the News Sitemap. If you mix syndicated content with original content on your site, you need to figure out how to separate them – through tags or folders or any other available mechanism – to create a Google News sitemap with only original content URLs.
– Keep in mind that if you repeatedly include syndicated content URLs in the News Sitemap, Google may ban your site from the Google News index.Note: If you want to create a separate RSS feed for the search containing all the published URLs of your day, including original content and syndicated content, it’s a good idea. Just use the standard RSS format for this. You can submit both the Google News sitemap content and the full content RSS content using the Analyze> Sitemaps tool in your Google Webmaster Tools account. Make sure you submit the Google News sitemap before submitting your Google News acceptance application.
– Include only published URLs in the last 48 hours in the News Sitemap. Google only wants your last two days of content in the News Sitemap. Old news is old news, after all.
– Update the Google News Sitemap regularly. Use your CMS or other Sitemap publishing tools to automatically update and refresh the News Sitemap after each post. This allows Google to index your content faster and keep the news index up-to-date.
- Google News Support Sites
If you have technical questions specific to the Google News team, go to the Google News Publishers Support Forum or the Google News Publishers Support Request web form for unresolved issues. The forum is a public resource, and non-Google forum contributors can answer your questions. However, the help request web form will generate a response from the Google News team, although it may take a few days or more.
- Be patient
Google News may take a few weeks to decide on an application for admission. Make sure you do all the necessary preparation work before submitting your application. You do not want to be rejected because your site was not ready to be evaluated.
Once your site is accepted, focus on creating news content that meets the Google News ranking criteria. Google News already has big news providers in this area, possibly with articles similar to your content. Even if you are in, you must always compete with quality content and a clean and technical implementation. If you do, you’ll get additional clicks in Google News quickly. Good luck! To Submit and Optimise Website for Google News
- Follow the action points in this article and get your unique and authoritative news content rating in Google News.
- Let me know how you get along! Share your success stories with me and give feedback on this article; I like hearing about the actions people take after reading my updates.
Final Words About – HOW TO OPTIMISE CONTENT FOR GOOGLE NEWS
Now You Learn Everything to Optimise Website for Google News now what just take a rest and start some serious work to include your site in google news and Optimise Website for Google News. Though there are many parallels between Google’s more well-known search and the niches that represent Google News results, there are also many distinct differences. Rocking the results on Google News requires a unique attention to detail not present on other standard search results.
What are your best tips for ranking on Google News? Anything we missed? Tweet your thoughts at @successforblog, and we’ll share the best insights! Or ask us anything via comment