This article is about how to Fix OBS keeps crashing on Windows. Open Broadcaster Software or OBS for short is a free and open source program for video recording and live streaming that works on both Windows and Mac. It has been the preferred streaming software of YouTubers and content creators features. With OBS Studio, you can record screen with audio, live events, create podcasts, etc. Some users around the world are reporting that OBS Studio crashes on Windows 11/10.
OBS is a great app, but it’s also a screen capture and transfer app. These types of applications are prone to problems because they are more complex. If you dig into OBS’s settings, you’ll spend hours learning about it features And things you can change. Below, we have mentioned the steps to fix OBS keeps crashing on Windows 11/10.
How to Fix OBS keeps crashing on Windows PC
Update your graphics driver
Before getting into more complex solutions for OBS crashes, you should always make sure that your graphics driver is correct. up Until today. This is important for the operation of OBS. The correct and latest driver can be downloaded directly from the GPU manufacturer’s website: AMD, Intel or NVIDIA. Then you have to install the driver manually.
If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your graphics drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy instead. Driver Easy automatically detects your computer, finds the correct drivers for your GPU and version of Windows, downloads them, and installs them correctly:
- Download and install the driver easily
- Run the driver easily and click Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and find any problematic drivers.
- Click Update button Next to a flagged graphics driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, you can install it manually (which you can do with the free version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of missing or outdated drivers on your computer. (This requires the Pro version, which offers full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Adjust the settings as applicable
If OBS is not compatible with your version of Windows or fails to access the required permissions, it will crash. In this case, you need to change the compatibility settings of the program correctly.
- Right-click the OBS Studio.exe file and select Properties.
- Go to the applicable tab. Then run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows 7 or 8.
- Tick Run this program as administrator. Click OK to save the changes.
Allow OBS through Windows Firewall
To allow OBS to function as expected, make sure that Windows Defender Firewall is not blocking the application. You can check in the following steps:
- Type Windows Defender Firewall in the Windows search box and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left panel, click Allow app or feature Through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Change Settings.
- Scroll down the list to find the OBS Studio app. Then check the box under Private and Public tab.
- If you don’t see the app in the list, click Allow another app.
- Click Browse and navigate to the OBS installation folder and locate the OBS Studio.exe file. Then click Add.
- Check the box under the Private and Public tab next to OBS Studio and click OK to confirm.
If you have any antivirus programs installed on the computer, add OBS to their whitelist so they don’t block OBS from running. Now see if you can stream with OBS without any problem. Otherwise, skip to Fix 4 below.
DirectX is a set of components that allow software, primarily and especially games, to work directly with your video and audio hardware. Some DirectX related errors if your OBS crashes while recording up, your computer does not have the DirectX components that OBS requires, or the program cannot start because your computer is missing d3dx10_43.dll, installing DirectX may solve the problem. Here’s how:
- Visit the official DirectX download page.
- Select your preferred language and click Download.
- This will directly download the DirectX installer to your computer. Once done, open the downloaded file (dxwebsetup.exe file) and follow the setup wizard to install it.
Repair system files
Missing or corrupt system files can lead to various types of PC problems such as program crashes or not working at all. You can perform a quick and thorough scan to check if there are critical system issues causing your OBS to crash.
Reimage is a powerful Windows repair solution with a wide range of functions. It not only deals with common computer errors but also detects security threats like viruses or malware and improves the stability of your computer. It’s like a fresh reinstall of Windows, but won’t affect your custom settings and data.
- Download and install Reimage.
- Open Reimage and click Yes to scan your computer for free.
- Reimage will perform a full scan of your computer. This may take a few minutes.
- Once done, you will see a detailed report of all the issues on your computer. Click Start Repair to repair them automatically. This requires purchasing the full version. And it also has a 60-day money-back guarantee, so you can get a refund at any time if Reimage doesn’t fix the problem.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Fix OBS keeps crashing on Windows 11/10. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free and open source streaming and recording program. The program has grown in popularity, but some users have reported an annoying problem with the program OBS crashing. If you liked this article, please share it with your family and friends.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Fix OBS Keeps Crashing On Error on Windows; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix OBS Keeps Crashing On Error on Windows in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix OBS Keeps Crashing On Error on Windows, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Fix OBS Keeps Crashing On Error on Windows
I hope you like the guide Fix OBS Keeps Crashing On Error on Windows. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Fix #OBS #Crashing #Error #Windows