In this article we will talk how to Check local drive storage space In Windows 11. In these modern times, storage space is more affordable than ever, yet no matter how much storage space you add to your computer or upgrade your hardware, it never seems to be enough. As the quality of media files, games, applications and operating systems improves, so does the storage space required to hold them. As you use your computer for a long time, the storage will gradually fill up up Junk data, caches, junk files, temporary files, large archives, download files and more. These files are clutter up Free space on PC and computer will run out.
If your computer runs out of free space, you won’t be able to install important Windows updates, archive files, or install new applications. Additionally, system crashes, slowdowns, and delays may occur. Therefore, it is important to check disk and free regularly up location on your computer. In this article, we will discuss the various ways to verify, manage and free up Disk Space in Windows 11 You should constantly check how much space is being used on the device and what is taking up up Hard disk space, and how much free disk space is available to keep the computer running smoothly and to keep the computer from running out of free space. Below we have mentioned the steps to check local drive storage space in Windows 11.
How to Check local drive storage space in Windows 11
- In Windows 11 or Windows 10, select Start button, followed by File Explorer (small folder icon). If you don’t see it, check under the All Applications or Windows System folder, or enter File Explorer in the search box.
- On the left side of File Explorer or Windows Explorer (depending on your version of Windows), make sure that This PC, Computer, or My Computer is selected (again, depending on your version of Windows).
- On the right-hand side, find the drive you want to know how much free space it has.
- In Windows 11/10/8, all storage devices are listed in the Devices and Drivers section. In Windows 7/Vista/XP, hard disk drives and devices with removable storage are listed separately.
- In newer versions of Windows, you can see a list of how much free space is available under Drive and the total size of the drive.
- To view more, right-click or tap on the drive you want additional storage information on, then select Properties.
- In the General tab, you’ll see all the important details about the storage device you’re viewing, reported in bytes and rounded GB…including free space:
- Space Used: This is the total amount of data each device has.
- Free Space: This is the difference between the total designed capacity of the device and the sum of all data stored on it. This number indicates how much additional storage you are allowed to fill.
- Capacity: This is the total designed capacity of the drive.
- Also, to help visualize how much space you’re using on this hard drive or other device, there’s a pie chart that shows used and free space on the drive.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Check Local Drive Storage Space on Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Check Local Drive Storage Space on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Check Local Drive Storage Space on Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Check Local Drive Storage Space on Windows 11
I hope you like the guide How to Check Local Drive Storage Space on Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Check #Local #Drive #Storage #Space #Windows