In this article we will talk how to Fix ‘Scan drive for errors notification’ issue in Windows. “Scan drive for errors” notification on your Windows PC can be an unpleasant experience. This mainly appears when the installation of the program fails due to an interruption in the Internet connection or an incomplete download. When you restart the process, the error message reappears in the notification area.
Drive failures are the most dangerous of all Windows errors. If your storage drive fails, you can lose many important personal and business files. A specific problem familiar to many users is the “Scan drive for errors” message from the Windows Security and Maintenance component.
Determining the exact solution can be difficult because the message itself does not specify which disk may be at fault or what is causing the problem. In this article, we’ll explore troubleshooting strategies that can help you quickly identify a problem and resolve related issues. Below are 5 steps to fix ‘Scan drive for errors notification’ issue in Windows.
Fix ‘Scan drive for error notification’ issue in Windows 11/10
- If some sudden shutdown, corrupted software or metadata corruption earlier resulted in this error, run the CHKDSK utility.
- Open an elevated CMD, type the following and press Enter to check and fix disk errors on your C drive:
- If prompted to restart. Restart and allow chkdsk to run at boot time.
Run a full virus scan
Windows Defender protects your PC from annoying pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats from viruses and spyware. So, if you accidentally allow a virus or malware to enter your computer while installing some applications from a USB flash drive or other removable media, it will cause a drive scanning error message.
You can use Windows Defender to scan for infections and automatically remove anything it detects during the scan. The tool is built into Windows, so no installation or subscription is required. You can also use free third-party on-demand portable antivirus software.
Use alternative disk error checking software
To eliminate the possibility that this error is a false positive, meaning your drive has no repairable errors, you can use alternative hard drive error checking software.
Run Smart Test
At this point, assuming you’ve exhausted your options but are still having trouble, it’s possible you’re dealing with a faulty driver. In this case, you can run the SMART test and see what the result looks like before replacing the drive, then reinstall Windows 11/10.
Cancel CHKDSK using the command line
You can cancel the CHKDSK operation using the command line and see if that helps.
- Open a command prompt window, type the following and press Enter:
- This command queries the drive and tells you it’s dirty.
- Next, run the following command:
- X tells Windows not to check the specified drive (G) on the next reboot.
- At this point, restart your computer manually, it should not run Chkdsk now, but take you directly to Windows.
- Once Windows is fully loaded, bring up Run the following command in another command prompt:
- It will take you through five stages of the scan and remove that dirty bit. Finally, type the following and press Enter:
- Windows will make sure that the dirty bit is not set on that drive.
We hope you like our article how to Fix ‘Scan drive for errors notification’ issue in Windows SMART won’t show you a firmware problem because it’s specific to the operating system and drive and how they interact with each other. Call us or use our videos to install like a pro tutorials. If changing permissions and clearing the download cache doesn’t work, you can try repairing your library folder.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘Scan Drive for Errors Notification’ Issue on Windows; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘Scan Drive for Errors Notification’ Issue on Windows in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘Scan Drive for Errors Notification’ Issue on Windows, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Fix ‘Scan Drive for Errors Notification’ Issue on Windows
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘Scan Drive for Errors Notification’ Issue on Windows. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Fix #Scan #Drive #Errors #Notification #Issue #Windows