This article is about How to Hide OneDrive pictures in the Windows 11 Photos app. In Windows 11, when you connect a personal Microsoft account to your PC system, the platform’s built-in Photos app automatically displays photos from your associated OneDrive storage. This sometimes compromises privacy. Fortunately, Windows 11 supports an option that allows you to hide all the photos in this OneDrive in the built-in Photos app. How to It’s not complicated.
What if you don’t want certain images to be viewed in the Photos app? The most important thing to understand about how the Photos app finds images to display is that it doesn’t directly look for image files stored on the hard drive. Instead, it uses information from the Windows search index: if it finds information about an image file in the search index, it uses that to display the image. Below are the steps to hide OneDrive pictures in Windows 11/10 Photos app.
How to Hide OneDrive pictures in the Photos app in Windows
- First, open the Photos app on your Windows 11 PC. Do this by opening the Start menu, searching for the keyword ‘Photos’ and clicking on the relevant application in the returned search results.
- In the Photos app interface that opens, click the three dots in the upper right corner to open the system menu.
- In the menu that appears, select ‘Settings’.
- Next on the Settings screen, go to the ‘Microsoft OneDrive’ section. Here, tap the switch to the left of the ‘Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive’ option and set it to ‘Off’.
- That’s it, the Photos app will no longer display any images from your OneDrive storage. The privacy of your personal photos is now somewhat guaranteed.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Hide OneDrive pictures in Windows 11/10 Photos app. The Photos app in Windows 11 displays images on the computer. By default, it displays images from your local drives. It defaults to OneDrive to display cloud-based images on the computer. OneDrive images from remotely hosted cloud storage are displayed alongside local images stored in a local OneDrive folder. Clearly, some people may not be interested in displaying cloud-based images on a local system.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Hide OneDrive Images in Windows 11 Photos App; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Hide OneDrive Images in Windows 11 Photos App in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Hide OneDrive Images in Windows 11 Photos App, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Hide OneDrive Images in Windows 11 Photos App
I hope you like the guide How to Hide OneDrive Images in Windows 11 Photos App. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Hide #OneDrive #Images #Windows #Photos #App