In this article we will talk how to Speed Up Search on a Windows computer. Windows Search feature Incredibly useful for finding apps, files, and other important content on your computer. However, if Windows takes forever to retrieve search results, your PC browsing experience may suffer. Finding a specific application, file or setting hidden in the depths of Windows 10 or 11 can be challenging. If you’re having trouble tracking down specific items in the Start menu, File Explorer, and Windows Settings menu, Windows provides a powerful and flexible search tool to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
The Windows Search tool lets you search for specific items, such as Applications in the Start menu, Music in File Explorer, and Settings in the Settings menu. You can perform web searches directly from the search box without opening the browser first. The tool provides easy access to your frequently used applications and files. The search option is a great way to quickly find something from the depths of your Windows 11/10 computer. You can use this if search indexing is enabled feature Search any file or folder. Below are 6 steps to speed Up Search on a Windows computer.
How to Speed Up Search in Windows 11/10
Restart the Windows Search service
- Press Windows key + R to launch Run command, type services.msc and press Enter.
- In the Services window, scroll down to find Windows Search. Right-click on it and select Restart from the menu.
- Try searching for the file with the search tool to see if it works as expected.
Restart Windows Explorer
- To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
- On the Processes tab, locate Windows Explorer. Right-click on it and select Restart.
- The taskbar disappears for a few minutes and reappears when you do that. Try using the search tool again to see if the problem is resolved.
Run Windows Search and Indexing Repair
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Settings from the list.
- On the System tab, scroll down to click Repair.
- Select Other Adjustments.
- Click on Run button Next to ‘Search and Indexing’.
- From there, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the troubleshooting process.
Disable Internet Search in the Start Menu
- Press Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog box. Type regedit in the box and press Enter.
- Copy and paste the following path into the address bar to navigate to the Windows key:
- ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware PoliciesMicrosoftWindows
- Right-click on the Windows Registry key, select New, and select Key. Name it Explorer.
- Right-click in Explorer, select New, and select DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it DisableSearchBoxSuggestions.
- Double-click on the newly created DWORD, change the value data to 1 and press OK.
- Restart your computer and see if the search tool can get results faster.
Change indexing options
- Press Windows key + I to launch the Settings app. Select the Privacy and Security tab from the left column and select Windows Search.
- Scroll down to click Advanced indexing options.
- Click Change.
- In the Indexing Locations window, deselect the folders or drives you want to exclude and press OK.
- After that, restart your computer and use the search tool to see if it loads faster.
Regenerate the Windows Search index
- Press Windows key + S to open Windows Search, type indexing options and press Enter.
- Next, click Advanced.
- Finally, press Rebuild button Under adjustment.
- Wait for Windows to complete the indexing process. Again, this may take some time, but you should be able to continue using your computer.
We hope you like our article on how to do web search directly from the search box without opening the browser first. This tool gives you easy access to your frequently used applications and files. Windows Search is integrated with the File Explorer search functionality. That is, you can type or select a keyword in the search box, and File Explorer will recommend files based on your search term.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Speed Up Search on Windows PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Speed Up Search on Windows PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Speed Up Search on Windows PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Speed Up Search on Windows PC
I hope you like the guide How to Speed Up Search on Windows PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Speed #Search #Windows