This article is about how to Use AirDrop to transfer files between Apple devices. AirDrop uses Bluetooth to create a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network between devices. You don’t need to be connected to your router or the Internet to get an AirDrop connection. However, you must have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. Each device creates a firewall around the connection and files are encrypted, which is actually more secure than email transmission. AirDrop automatically detects nearby compatible devices, and the devices must be close enough to establish a good Wi-Fi connection, enabling multi-room file sharing.
Before the release of OS X Yosemite, users who wanted to transfer files between Mac and iOS devices typically had to rely on a third-party service like Dropbox or use an iCloud-connected app like Messages. AirDrop in OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 provides an easy-to-use solution for transferring files, as users can simply drag and drop files from a Mac to an iOS device or use Share. feature To move files from iOS device to Mac.
On Mac, many apps like Safari, Preview, Pages, Contacts support sharing feature. Third-party Mac apps like Deliverables, Ember, and Notability also support sharing feature Content can be changed via AirDrop. On iOS, most Apple apps support sharing, including Photos, Safari, Notes, and Maps feature. Third-party applications such as Camera+, supported by Evernote and eBay feature. Below are the steps to use AirDrop to transfer files between Apple devices.
How to Transfer files between Apple devices using AirDrop
How to Turn on AirDrop
- Open Finder, and in the top left of the side panel, click AirDrop.
- If your Mac’s Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is turned off, you’ll be prompted to turn them on.
- In the AirDrop window, select who can AirDrop you. Click Allow to find me and select Contacts only or Everyone.
On iPhone and iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Select Airdrop.
- Choose who you want to find by selecting Contacts Only or Everyone.
How to Use AirDrop
AirDrop from iPhone or iPad
- On your iPhone, open the app you want to AirDrop to. To send a photo, for example, open Photos.
- Select the file or photo you want to send (you can select more than one at a time).
- Tap the Share button, which looks like a box with an arrow, then tap the AirDrop icon that appears first in the list of app icons.
- On the AirDrop screen, you should see icons for all AirDrop-compatible devices in range (they may take a while to appear). Tap the icon for the Mac you want to send the file to. Once the files are sent the icon will say “sent”.
Get AirDrop on Mac
Depending on where you shared, you may see a notification appear on your desktop or device screen. Choose Accept or, if it’s a photo, choose Open in Photos. If you choose Accept, the file will appear in your Downloads folder; Choosing Open in Photos will open the file in the Photos app.
Airdrop from Mac to iPhone
- Right-click the document you want to share. In the menu that appears, hover over Share and click AirDrop.
- Click the recipient from the list to send the file and click Done.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article How to Use AirDrop to transfer files between Apple devices. Apple’s AirDrop file sharing feature It was introduced with the release of OS X Lion and allowed users to transfer files from one Mac to another without using email or an external storage device. The feature It was brought to iOS devices with the release of iOS 7 and gave users an easy way to share files like photos between iOS devices. If you liked this article, please share it with your family and friends.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Use AirDrop For Transfer Files Between Apple Devices; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Use AirDrop For Transfer Files Between Apple Devices in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Use AirDrop For Transfer Files Between Apple Devices, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Use AirDrop For Transfer Files Between Apple Devices
I hope you like the guide How to Use AirDrop For Transfer Files Between Apple Devices. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#AirDrop #Transfer #Files #Apple #Devices